Bug reports help us identify and eliminate annoying software bugs.
The kX Driver and applications have not been tested on every possible
combination of OS, hardware and software, so your bug reports are an
important part of the continuing development process.
Before reporting a bug, make sure that you are using the most recent version
of the drivers and review the list of Known Issues and the Changelog. If you find a bug which
has not been previously reported, then by all means, let us know!
Bug reports should include the following information:
- kX driver information. This may be found by clicking the on the information icon ("i") in the
kX mixer window, or by right-clicking the kX tray icon and selecting "About";
then right click and choose 'select all' menu item;
right click again and select 'copy' menu item;
paste kX driver information into your report.
(Note: of course, you can omit copyright stuff and paste only the information found after 'Software/Hardware configuration' header).
- OS and soundcard information.
Include OS version and installed service packs (if any), as well as soundcard name,
model number and revision, and describe any special soundcard features (e.g. LiveDrive II, etc.).
- Overview description of the bug.
Provide enough detail to allow the bug to be uniquely identified and described.
- Steps to reproduce the bug.
What exact sequence of steps are necessary to trigger the bug?
- Expected and actual results.
What was the expected result of the action which triggered the bug,
and what was the actual result?
- Severity of the bug. Describe the bug according to severity (in the subject of your report):
1. Serious: Bugs causing crashes, hangs, memory leaks, or data loss.
2. Normal: Broken features, loss of functions, unusual behaviour, etc.
3. Minor: A cosmetic problem, such as a misspelled word or misaligned graphic.
4. Enhancement: Request for new feature or enhancement.
Do not attach any files to your bug reports, including SoundFonts, WAVs, MP3s, etc.,
unless requested to do so for diagnostic purposes.
Post a message to our forums
if you need help or experience any
problems with the driver. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support via e-mail.
The kX Forums have been set up to allow users to ask questions and
exchange helpful tips and information with each other. kX developers and
collaborators will sometimes drop in to answer questions, but on a limited
basis (mainly due to time constraints). Note that the kX Project email
address should be used for Bug Reports and suggestions only - support
questions will be referred to the kX forums.